This program prepares individuals for entry-level work as customer service and help desk professionals in the desktop services and applications domain. It is designed to give participants hands-on experience in developing skills in areas such as installing, maintaining, supporting, and troubleshooting hardware components; deploying desktop operating systems and applications; deploying and maintain networking protocols and topologies; and designing desktop and network security. Participants are also prepared to sit for CompTIA Network+ and A+ certifications.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
• Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
• Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
• Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
• Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
• Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
• Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices